Become Puzl CowOrKing's Space Architect in Budapest!
Become Puzl CowOrKing's Space Architect in Budapest!
It’s an amazing time to join Puzl CowOrKing as we are kicking our expansion in Central and Eastern Europe into a higher gear. We are bringing the awesomeness of IT coworking spaces to thousands of new people across the CEE region by creating truly functional (and gorgeous!) coworking spaces.
Ready to learn more? Let’s get right to it.
Who are you people?
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of young professionals who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across CEE. So far, we've built 6 of them, plus a rooftop community hub in Sofia, Bulgaria and we are currently expanding to Budapest. In Sofia our coworking is currently home to 1000 IT humans. Learn more at Puzl CowOrKing | The Best IT Coworking in CEE.
Oh and all our designs, plans, furniture, legalization, renovations are done in-house by Puzl’s Architectural & Renovation Studio’s team of 10+ experienced and creative professionals.
About the role:
This is where YOU come in. We are looking for a responsible and meticulous Space Architect in Budapest.
Simply put, we see you as the person who will work remotely with our team of architects and engineers. You will be based in Budapest and will share an office with the other members from the team and will represent us locally.
This means that you’ll be a trusted advisor in every step of the process – from research of potential industrial spaces (no worries, we already did that for the first one), discuss buildings’ technical specifics with local authorities, share your expertise in regards to implementation, help legalize the project and take care of any related documentation.
We have a local architectural partner who we are working with as well as a super capable Local HU Worksite Manager amidst our ranks. So don’t worry - you will not be alone. At some point you can get to do a design of your own floor in Budapest. Or even find a new building and lead a project on your own in Budapest.
This would mean it is a full-time job. Sounds intriguing? Then continue reading.
Who you are
- Your mission and priority are to create order out of chaos.
- You understand the people you work with.
- You are a doer. When something needs to be done you roll up your sleeves and get it done.
- You strive to improve yourself personally and professionally.
- You are analytical and meticulous in the way you do things.
- You saw photos of our coworking and thought “Damn, I want to be part of that”.
- You are not scared of Architectural Regulations. In fact, they ought to be scared of you.
What you will do
- Work in a modern architectural Studio that functions using the best tools and processes of IT Startups. Sounds Fancy?
- Consult the team on feasibility of the project in terms of legal requirements.
- Help prepare building/notification permit documentation including but not limited to: translation of all graphic materials, elaboration of explanatory notes, filling in the necessary forms, assisting the team and our Local Partner in all processes.
- Collaborate with local and BG architects and engineers in order to achieve true perfection in our plans.
- Research on local implementation materials for our amazing Coworkings.
- Acquire all the necessary building documentation.
- Assist the team in organising all utilities needed for the functioning of our buildings.
- Design or help design one floor of our new building.
- Research and find local specialists that we can work with.
- Assist the Renovation team and our Local Partner in all proceedings relative to the Building Permit/Notification Procedures.
- Act as our Local design eyes in Budapest
What we need you to be
- An architect with 3+ years experience.
- Have experience in legalization of at least 2-3 projects.
- That’d be a great start!
- Good understanding of national and local construction regulations and procedures.
- Have some experience with Implementation Processes.
- Have good design practices and is excited about building Converting old industrial buildings into modern IT coworkings.
- Excited about using software like Revit and AutoCAD.
- Great with organization, time management, and those pesky deadlines.
- English speaking. Of course 💂
- People-oriented with positive life and work attitude.
- That’s really important for us.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll learn a lesson.
- And not repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keep us on track.
- We work like that.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- You connect with some of the most influential startup leaders in the region.
- The work is challenging.
- With projects abroad.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and let's get talkin' :)