[HIRED] Become Puzl's HR Generalist
👋 Hey there! We are Puzl CowOrKing, we are actively expanding our business in Sofia and Budapest, and we are looking for an awesome, communicative and open-minded person to take care of our core HR responsibilities and of our IT community.
Look, it's pretty simple. Our team is growing constantly and we want to keep it that way. That means investing more time in recruiting great humans, handling their benefits, payroll and documents with greater care, and helping onboard and train them properly. We also have more than 600 amazing IT humans spending A LOT of time in our coworking spaces. We need to take proper care of those humans, too. Onboard them and show them the ways of the coworking, connect them so they can collaborate and help each other, and find new ways to help them grow personally + professionally. You know, the stuff that actually makes a community a community.
Who are you people!?
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of young humans who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across CEE. So far, we've built 3 of them in Sofia, Bulgaria and now it's time to expand abroad. We are also making an amazing cafe/bar on our Roof. We are starting with a mind-blowing one in Budapest. Learn more at https://www.puzl.com/.
About the role
This is where YOU come in! We are looking for a human who understands the importance of getting the right people in a team, and the nuances of communicating and working with humans, to join our Sofia team. This human will focus on recruiting new humans in Puzl and handle their core HR needs, and will also work to improve the experience of our existing community. Think of it as two sides of the same coin - on one side you'll need to know (and help) our community inside out to be able to get only the best humans on our team to work with that community.
Who you are
- You are great at discovering talented humans.
- You love meeting lots of humans and they love meeting you.
- You are a great listener and can easily gain people's trust.
- You happily invest your time in building relationships.
- You have empathy for other humans.
- You try to understand the real cause behind their problems and worries.
- You can handle and maintain confidential information.
- You think first, then act.
- You know that what you say and how you say it matters a lot.
- You can say "no" when you have to.
- You care about getting things done.
- You saw the photos of our coworking and thought "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn".
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of work.
What you probably will do
- You will be part of our Operations team and your focus will be on recruitment, administration flow, and members.
- First comes the HR part.
- We need new humans, but only the best humans.
- You will cover the recruitment cycle for our teams and will help them get those very best humans.
- This includes candidate discovery, doing pre-evaluations and screenings, initial interviews and coordinating second interviews with team leads.
- Once a human joins you'll need to ensure they are properly onboarded and integrated into Puzl.
- Make sure they understand our culture and engage in it.
- Let's not forget the humans in our current team.
- They all have salaries, vacations, and benefits, that need to be managed.
- But they also have lives, feelings and thoughts.
- You'll be their trusted adviser and ensure their safety, and physical and mental well-being.
- Then come the Members, our community.
- People want to join Puzl all the time.
- If they join, you will take care of them during their first months.
- That means educating them about our coworking culture.
- Integrating them in the community.
- Introducing them to other members with shared personal/business interests.
- Sparking collaboration and connection.
- Besides new members, there are also current ones.
- You need to think of their needs.
- What can we do to make them even happier in Puzl?
- They will also come to you for help.
- You will provide them will adequate support and solve their issues.
- Don't worry, our Help Desk system will help you on this one.
What you probably won't do
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Sit in 2-hour long boring meetings.
- Fix coffee machines (Actually no. We can't promise you won't do that).
- Carry 300kg custom-made wooden desks around (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be
- Energetic, communicative and organized.
- Have at least 1 year of professional experience in the HR ad recruitment field.
- Be pro-active in improving existing processes and coming up with new ones.
- But you'll get bonus points if you've worked in in a startup or IT company.
- You also need to be good at building relationships.
- While also being patient with people.
- We are a multinational coworking ergo you need to speak fluent English.
- Bonus points if you happen to speak any other languages.
- You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
- You know, the stuff about being empathic, thinking first, etc.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- We provide guidelines, not budgets.
- We give ideas, not orders.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll have learned a lesson.
- And won't repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keeps us on track.
- We work like that.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- Work in a unique office in one of the most emblematic buildings in Sofia.
- You connect with some of the most influential startup leaders in the region.
- You'll have the opportunity to grow into a senior role.
- The work is challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/Motivation Letter.