Become Puzl's CoCafé Barista!
👋 ☕ Hola! We are Puzl CowOrKing and we are looking for a smiling, communicative and most importantly, coffee-savvy person for our awesome Puzl CoCafé.
Look, it's pretty simple. We have 600 amazing IT humans in our space that LOVE coffee. We also have a roof with an amazing view. Naturally, we combined the two and it's a match made in heaven - a coworking cafe/ bar called Puzl CoCafé.
Who are you people!?
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of young humans who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across CEE. So far, we've built 3 of them in Sofia, Bulgaria and then we created an impressive café / bar for our community. It's a mind-blowing location with an awesome Vitosha mountain view. Trust us, you'll love it.
About the role
This is where YOU come in! We are looking for an experienced barista who understands the deep connection between a really good cup of coffee and the productivity of a person. You will work in Puzl CoCafé and you will be the reason everyone comes back to this place. You'll be responsible for everything behind the bar - specialty coffee drinks, fresh juices, smoothies and even a mojito from time to time. You'll communicate on a daily basis with all of our members and guests and help them have an amazing experience. You will work on shits Monday - Friday, rotating with 3 other baristas/ bartenders.
Who you are
- You LOVE coffee.
- And you know how to make all kinds of it - espresso, cappuccino, latte, flat white, and more.
- You like meeting new people and interacting with them.
- You are a great listener and can easily gain people's trust.
- You happily invest your time in building relationships.
- You have empathy for other people.
- You love working in a clean and tidy environment and you keep it that way.
- You care about the little details and getting things done.
- You have ideas for new beverages and events.
- You can evaluate a situation and take decisions on your own.
- You thrive when collaborating with others.
- You are happy to invest your time in making people feel good.
- You saw the photos of our coworking and thought "Damn, wish they served coffee there".
What you probably will do
- You will be part of our Operations team in Puzl CoCafé.
- You will work together with 3 more baristas/ bartenders to make Puzl CoCafé into our members/ guests/ favorite place.
- Your focus will be on members - providing them with quality drinks and amazing experience.
- Members will come to grab a coffee.
- You'll make them feel welcome.
- You'll prepare them the best coffee they can get in town.
- You'll provide them with a memorable experience and they'll leave with a smile.
- You need to find ways to make the community come back and love Puzl CoCafé.
- Be super involved in the community. Know what they like, what they do, and help them.
- Make sure people feel good and they come back.
- So… sound like fun?
What you probably won't do
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Sit in 2-hour long boring meetings.
- Fix coffee machines (Actually no. We can't promise you won't do that).
Bonus points if you are:
- Specialty coffee fanatic.
- Morning person.
What we need you to be
- A professional barista with 2+ years of experience in the coffee service industry.
- That’d be pretty cool for a start!
- Bonus points if you have experience on different positions.
- We are a multinational coworking ergo you need to be fluent in English.
- You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- We provide guidelines, not budgets.
- We give ideas, not orders.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll have learned a lesson.
- And won't repeat the same mistake twice.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- Work in a unique place in one of the most emblematic buildings in Sofia.
- You connect with some of the most influential startup leaders in the region.
- The work is challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in English.