Become the Voice and Co-lead of Puzl in Budapest
👋 Budapest! We are Puzl CowOrKing, we are building our next coworking space in you, and we need an awesome Co-lead with community and business development focus to come on board and launch us into space.
Let's face it, Budapest. We are made for each other! You are on the Danube River. That's like our favorite river. You have superb food. We loooooove eating food. You are a capital in Central and Eastern Europe. We happen to be the Best Coworking in CEE (voted twice. in a row). You have a large and vibrant IT ecosystem. We are building a new home for it.
Told 'ya. Match made in heaven.
Who are you people?
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a growing group of seriously professional weirdos who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across the CEE region. So far, we've built 6 spaces plus a rooftop community hub in Sofia, Bulgaria and we are currently expanding to Budapest. In Sofia our coworking is currently home to more than 1,000 IT humans. Learn more at
About the role
This is where YOU come in. We are looking for a seasoned and well-connected entrepreneurial spirit to join our Budapest team and help us establish a leading presence in the local IT ecosystem. You will become the co-lead of our local Navigator (a.k.a. Operations Chief). Your mission - if you accept it - is to launch and co-lead our new CowOrKing in Budapest. Your focus will be on community building and happiness, sales and marketing. To do that, you'll be responsible for leading our local marketing efforts, building strong relationships with the IT ecosystem, handling sales, and finding new ways to bring value to the Puzl community. We are community-driven and therefore expect every person on our team to be an active member of our IT-only community. This applies even more to you, so locking yourself up in a room and being asocial won’t cut it.
What you probably will do.
- Together with our Navigator, you’ll co-lead the coworking and team and drive business success in Budapest.
- To achieve that, you will focus on five key areas - business development, community, partnerships, marketing and events.
- You’ll co-build and co-lead a team of professionals to help us achieve our goals.
- You will support the Bulgarian marketing team in creating and running local marketing campaigns to generate buzz about Puzl in the IT community and beyond. (Hint: We don't use Google AdWords or Facebook Ads)
- Marketing often needs good content behind it.
- Stories, photos, videos, social media. You need it, you create it. (Don't worry, you don't have to be a professional photographer).
- Together with our Navigator, you will need to ensure that we are gathering the perfect mix of IT members to form a thriving community.
- That means you’ll be leading the business development in Budapest.
- You’ll be doing a lot of tours, negotiations, and preparing offers.
- You should know, that we don’t believe in typical sales.
- For us, sales is all about presenting our community and beautiful spaces the right way.
- As the Voice of Puzl, you’ll form, build and nurture a vibrant community in the coworking - no matter if the community is 50 people or 1500.
- You will always be creative and know how to grow and support the community even further.
- When they grow, we grow. That is key.
- You will work to make Puzl a vibrant part of the Budapest IT community (just as we are in Sofia);
- That means building strong partnerships with key ecosystem players.
- Besides that, you will have to network in and out of the coworking.
- Build connections with everyone who's relevant (cool startups, VCs, media, etc.)
- And bring the most valuable meetups and community events to Puzl.
- Organize proven or new event formats in Puzl.
- Do all of the above and the business will grow. With the business growing, so will the local team.
- Sound like fun?
What we need you to be
- An experienced professional with 5+ years of relevant experience, 2+ years of team lead experience.
- That’d be pretty cool for a start!
- You act as a business owner in your field.
- You are logical.
- You love meeting lots of people and they love meeting you.
- You thrive when collaborating with others.
- You don’t care about titles.
- You care about getting things done.
- You quickly spot opportunities and act on them.
- This means you can and love executing an idea from A to Z.
- You are self-driven and able to energize others.
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
- You are not afraid to speak up.
- You can make the right call when the time comes.
- You need to be knowledgeable about the Budapest IT ecosystem.
- Also, well connected in it.
- That means you love events and know how to build relationships.
- Аnd speak with confidence and candor.
- Capable of fully understanding the coworking business.
- We’re a multinational coworking, ergo you need to speak impeccable English.
- Native Hungarian is also a must.
Bonus points if you are
- Have entrepreneurial background.
- You can bring a mix of content creation skills.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- Each team defines and organizes its work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once, it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll learn a lesson.
- And not repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keeps us on track.
- We work like that.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- We share. The knowledge we have. The success we achieve. The load, when it becomes too much.
- You are going to be a pillar of Puzl’s IT community across the CEE region.
- You will connect with some of the most influential entrepreneurs and startups in the region.
- You get to work on huge projects with a lot at stake.
- It's incredibly challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
How to apply?
Send your CV and a Motivation letter (or call it anything you like) about what got you excited about becoming our Budapest Voice and why we should be excited about you to firstname.lastname@example.org