Budapest, Hungary | Work Site Manager
It’s an amazing time to join Puzl CowOrKing as we are kicking off our expansion in Central and Eastern Europe into high gear. We are bringing the awesomeness of IT coworking spaces to thousands of new people across the CEE region by creating truly functional (and gorgeous!) offices. This is where YOU come in. We are looking for an experienced, responsible and meticulous Work Site Manager.
As a Work Site Manager, you will be responsible for organizing and supervising the construction process on site. Simply put, you and our Sofia Renovation team will have to find vendors/ suppliers/ contractors and select the best ones, then you’ll be in charge of organizing & coordinating their daily activities, keep track on finance and time frames - this includes schedules, budgets and quality. You would have to chance to lead the construction works until the very last detail. This is a full time role for approx. 8 months.
Ready to learn more? Let’s get right to it.
Who we are
- We create IT-only coworking spaces.
- The best ones. For real. Even got an award.
- We opened our first space in 2015.
- We used to be 800 m2.
- Now we are 6,008 m2.
- But that’s gonna change quickly.
- Because we are expanding abroad.
- Specifically, in Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna, Prague and Athens.
- We plan on building 50,000+ m2 of offices. In each of them.
- Sound exciting?
- Yeah, we know it does.
Who you are
- Your mission and priority is to create order out of chaos.
- You understand the people you work with.
- You are a doer. When something needs to be done you roll up your sleeve and get it done.
- You always strive to improve yourself personally and professionally.
- You are analytical and meticulous.
- You saw photos of our coworkings and thought “I want to build things like that”.
- You are not scared of numbers. In fact, they ought to be scared of you.
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
- You are not afraid to speak out.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be working closely with our Renovation team in Bulgaria and will represent it locally.
- Finding local sub-contractors in cooperation with our engineers based in Sofia.
- And you will prepare the contractors’work schedules, you’ll have to manage and organize them.
- This includes analyzing weekly construction scheduling plans, oversee working progress and quality.
- Organize furniture production and mounting.
- Responsible for work site safety and onsite quality control.
- But also help create/ translate, collect and manage all building documentation related to renovation process.
- Assist Sofia Renovation team in all proceedings related to the right of usage procedures.
- Consult the renovation team on feasibility of the project in terms of legal regulations and renovation procedures.
- Obstacles come up during renovation. You will have to remove them.
- Also, you will lead the investment control of the work sites. (It’s not that scary)
- After all, quality assurance is everything.
What we need you to be
- A Civil engineer with at least 5+ years of experience managing projects and contractors.
- That’d be a great start!
- We are a multinational team ergo you need to speak English.
- And no, Google Translate won’t cut it.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and MS Office, Revit would be a great addition.
- Open to work on project base (approx. 8 months)
- Team player and communicative, well organized with attention to details.
- You know, the stuff about not being afraid to speak out, being responsible, etc.
- It’s really important for us.
Bonus points if you are
- Coffee connoisseur.
- Morning person.
- Good at taking photos.
- Especially of furniture.
- Not afraid of drinking a liter of pálinka.
- We’re joking.
- Don’t ever drink a liter of pálinka.
- Your liver will thank you.
- No bosses.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- You get to work on renovating amazing spaces.
- It's incredibly challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
If you're interested in the position, do not hesitate to apply by sending your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org