[CLOSED] Become Puzl's Chief Navigator
Our efforts in the past 2.5 years have made Puzl CowOrKing a home to nearly 600 incredible IT humans in Sofia, Bulgaria. Those efforts also won us the title of “Best Coworking Space in Central & Eastern Europe”. We aim to live up to that title by bringing the awesomeness of our IT coworking spaces to thousands of new IT humans in Central & Eastern Europe, but also by continuing to provide the best possible experience to our current members. This is where YOU come in.
We are looking for a highly organized, business experienced and communicative Chief Navigator for our coworking in Sofia. As a Chief Navigator, you will be fully responsible for running our coworking business in 1 country in CEE, and ensuring that everything runs as smoothly as clockwork. Put simply, you will be in charge of the local business operations and growth and will be leading a team of 3-4 people to help you with this.
We are community-driven and therefore expect every person on our team to be an active member of our amazing IT-only community by sharing his time, experience and knowledge when needed. This applies even more so to you, so locking yourself up in a room and being antisocial won’t cut it.
Ready to learn more? Let’s get right to it.
Who we are:
- We create IT-only coworking spaces.
- The best ones. For real. Even got an award.
- We opened our first space in 2015.
- We used to be 800 m2.
- Now we are 6,008 m2.
- But that’s gonna change quickly.
- Because we are expanding abroad.
- Specifically, in Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna, Prague, and Athens.
- We plan on building 50,000+ m2 of offices. In each of them.
- Sound exciting?
- Yeah, we know it does.
Who you are:
- Your mission is to remove obstacles and move forward.
- You are a natural team leader who cares about the people as much as for results.
- You don’t care about titles – you care about getting things done.
- You can evaluate a situation and take decisions on your own.
- You have a strong judgment and a solution-driven mindset.
- You are self-motivated, highly organized and able to prioritize.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You are happy to invest your time in helping others.
- You love technology and have some knowledge of the IT world and startup landscape.
- You saw one of our coworkings and thought “Damn, that looks awesome”.
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
- You are not afraid to speak out.
- You can make the right call when the time comes.
What you’ll probably be doing:
- You will be leading our Operations team, responsible for the daily activities in our coworking.
- You will need to be fully aware of the processes of running a coworking. (Knowledge on fixing coffee machines is vital!)
- Assess those processes and strive to improve them. Always.
- You’ll also get to define, build and implement new processes. There are ways to make our coworkings run more efficiently.
- Define the growth of your team. Each person is a unique snowflake with their own capabilities. Develop them.
- Guide them to be harder, better, faster, stronger.
- Even define their growth in the company.
- Find new ways to optimize the work of your team.
- Recruit new people if necessary and train them.
- Handle salaries and bonuses of your team, as well as of the local Cleaning and Maintenance teams.
- Also, help with training future Chief Navigators.
- That’s what you’ll be doing in terms of operations, but wait. There’s more.
- On the business side, you’ll be the face of the local coworking.
- That means that you’ll have to do some business developing and management.
- It also means you’ll be fairly well-known in the local IT community. Fancy.
- Ensure we are always 100% booked.
- Do cost control and optimization.
- Also, quality assurance across the floors.
- Handle custom requests from our members and find optimal solutions for them and our business.
- Partner! You can’t win this game solo.
- Figure out what lucrative partnerships we can make with large businesses and corporations.
- Invite those corporations to join our coworkings. There are plenty of ways they can be involved.
- Get discounts and/or free products and services for our members.
- Have them share their know-how for the benefit of our community.
- Help them organize accelerator and mentorship programs inside our coworking.
- Persuade them to become corporate sponsors or even invest in some of our members.
- The opportunities are endless.
- Last, but not least.
- Community. That’s what it’s all about.
- Be 100% involved in the community.
- Communicate with the community.
- Collaborate with the community.
- Help the community.
- Mentor the community and learn back from them.
What you probably won't do:
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Take weird photos of people and post them on Facebook.
- Make a BBQ for 200 people (We have people for that now!).
- Explain to people how to fix a coffee machine (Eeeh… we can’t really promise you won’t do that).
- Carry 300kg wooden desks up the stairs (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be:
- A person with 3+ years of business management and/or team leading.
- That’d be pretty cool for a start!
- Bonus points if you have experience in the coworking industry.
- Even if you’ve just been a member.
- Be fully capable of understanding the coworking business.
- So that you can understand how you can bring optimization and improvements.
- We are a multinational coworking ergo you need to speak English.
- Bonus points if you happen to speak any other languages.
- You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
- You know, the stuff about not being a leader, having strong judgment, being emotionally mature, etc. That’s kind of important for us.
What you don't need to be, but we will appreciate if you are:
- Coffee connoisseur.
- Morning person.
- Good at making a BBQ.
What you should know:
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- Аnd we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll learn a lesson.
- And not repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keep us on track.
- We work like that.
- So are you interested?
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- We have a beautiful office.
- We designed it.
- Also, a roof.
- You get to work on huge projects with a lot at stake.
- It's incredibly challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiation skills.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Motivation Letter.