Become Puzl's Property Acquirer
Our efforts in the past 2.5 years have made Puzl CowOrKing a home to nearly 600 incredible IT humans in Sofia, Bulgaria. Those efforts also won us the title of “Best Coworking Space in Central & Eastern Europe”. We aim to live up to that title by bringing the awesomeness of our IT coworking spaces to thousands of new IT humans across multiple countries in Central & Eastern Europe. This is where YOU come in. As we are kicking our expansion into high gear we are looking for an experienced, highly responsible and reliable Property Acquirer with serious negotiation skills.
As a Property Acquirer, you will be leading the sourcing, due diligence and acquisition negotiations of our future IT Hub locations in the CEE region. Put simply, you will search, find, and negotiate buildings in different cities, which we can turn into environments that foster efficient, creative and collaborative IT communities. We aim for uniqueness, so giving us a list of Class A office buildings and being all “my job here is done” ain’t gonna get you far. At this stage, multiple buildings have been sourced – so we need you to enter the negotiation stage. Ready to learn more?
Let’s get right to it.
Who we are:
- We create IT-only coworking spaces.
- The best ones. For real. Even got an award.
- We opened our first space in 2015.
- We used to be 800 m2.
- Now we are 6,008 m2.
- But that’s gonna change quickly.
- Because we are expanding abroad.
- Specifically, in Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna, Prague and Athens.
- We plan on building 50,000+ m2 of offices. In each of them.
- Sound exciting?
- Yeah, we know it does.
Who you are:
- Your calling is exploration and discovery.
- You see potential where others see garbage.
- You don’t settle unless you get the best possible deal.
- You are a reader of people and can use that to your benefit.
- You are a doer. When something needs to be done you roll up your sleeves and get it done.
- You always strive to improve yourself personally and professionally.
- You are analytical when it comes to work, but you also have a keen intuition.
- You are not scared of numbers and data. In fact, they ought to be scared of you.
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
- You are not afraid to speak out.
- You can make the right call when the time comes.
- You are quick witted and can use this to your advantage when negotiating.
What you’ll probably be doing:
- You will be a part of our Growth team which leads our efforts for expansion abroad.
- Everything always begins with gathering data.
- Research city demographic dynamics.
- Define the areas which match our requirements.
- Analyze the property market prices for these areas and further limit the scope.
- Scout for unique locations big enough to host our community.
- Speak to local municipalities and governments (often slow, but sometimes helpful!).
- Visit locations and find the diamonds in the dirt.
- Once you’ve got them beauties – analyze ‘em!
- Make a due diligence to find the owners (harder than one might expect).
- Assess the willingness of the owner to sell.
- Or the willingness to do a JV (could also work).
- Make a valuation model for the property (we can help on this one).
- Build a feasibility study.
- Investigate the owners, buildings and area.
- Get to know every single detail about them (well, maybe don’t look for their graduation photos, but you get the idea).
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to get an ideal project and financial projections.
- Now that you know how much we can and should pay – time to sit around the table and negotiate.
- Negotiate terms of purchase, JV, options, phases.
- Negotiate the right price with the right timeframe.
- Negotiate as if your life depended on it (it doesn’t, but it’s a pretty cool idiom).
- Work on a full due diligence – including the overseeing of the technical building one.
- Review all the legal documents and start preparing the contracts.
- Finally, get your pen ready. It’s time to sign them bad boys.
What you probably won't do:
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Take weird photos of people and post them on Facebook.
- Make a BBQ for 200 people (We have people for that now!).
- Explain to members how to fix a coffee machine (Eeeh… we can’t really promise you won’t do that).
- Carry 300kg wooden desks up the stairs (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be:
- A Property Acquirer with at least 3+ years of experience in finding and negotiating buildings.
- Like that’d be a great start!
- We are a multinational team ergo you need to speak English.
- Bonus points if you happen to speak any other languages.
- Being okay to travel alone to different countries.
- Super organized and work capable even during travelling.
- You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
- You know, the stuff about not being afraid to speak out, being responsible, etc. It’s really important for us.
What you don't need to be, but we will appreciate if you are:
- Coffee connoisseur.
- Morning person.
- Good at taking photos.
- Especially of buildings.
What you should know:
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll learn a lesson.
- And not repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keep us on track.
- We work like that.
- So are you interested?
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- We have a beautiful office.
- We designed it.
- Also, a roof.
- You get to work on renovating amazing spaces.
- It's challenging.
- But rewarding and good.
- We share.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiation skills.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at email@example.com with your CV and Motivational Letter.