[HIRED] Become Puzl's Worksite Manager
It’s an amazing time to join Puzl CowOrKing as we are kicking our expansion in Central and Eastern Europe into high gear. We are bringing the awesomeness of IT coworking spaces to thousands of new people across the CEE region by creating truly functional (and gorgeous!) offices. This is where YOU come in. We are looking for an experienced, responsible and meticulous Worksite Manager.
As a Worksite Manager, you will be responsible for defining the budget for our worksites and organizing the renovation work on them. Put simply, you better know how to handle a Gantt chart, manage the main contractor (that has 8 or more subcontractors), and ensure they get quality work done on time. We are detail freaks, so "eh fuck it, they won’t notice" ain’t gonna work.
Ready to learn more? Let’s get right to it.
Who we are:
• We create IT-only coworking spaces.
• The best ones. For real. Even got an award.
• We opened our first space in 2015.
• We used to be 800 m2.
• Now we are 6,008 m2.
• But that’s gonna change quickly.
• Because we are expanding abroad.
• Specifically, in Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna, Prague, and Athens.
• We plan on building 50,000+ m2 of offices. In each of them.
• Sound exciting?
• Yeah, we know it does.
Who you are:
• Your mission and priority is to create order out of chaos.
• You understand the people you work with.
• You are a doer. When something needs to be done you roll up your sleeves and get it done.
• You always strive to improve yourself personally and professionally.
• You are analytical and meticulous in the way you do things.
• You saw photos of our coworkings and thought “I want to build things like that”.
• You are not scared of numbers. In fact, they ought to be scared of you.
• You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
• You are not afraid to speak out.
• You trust the Bill of Quantities, no one else.
What you’ll probably be doing:
• You will be an integral part of our Renovation team that is tasked with renovating every location we get.
• You will help us approve new worksites.
• Then you will create budgets based on technical drawings for them.
• Gantt charts are perfect for this. Also, they are sexy.
• So, you’ll be building and maintaining sexy charts to figure out how long is the work going to take and who does what when.
• You will also have to find a local architectural studio to get planning permissions.
• But also review and approve our Tender documents.
• You will have to find the best contractor to work on our worksites.
• And you will manage, pay and organize that contractor.
• Obstacles come up during a renovation. You will have to remove them.
• You will need to make sure that we have the right company to act as a local worksite manager.
• Also, you will lead the investment control of the worksites. (It’s not that scary)
• Create a schedule for the team to visit the worksites on a regular basis.
• And get our architects to check and approve the quality of the work.
• You will do that too, by the way.
• After all, Quality Assurance is everything.
What you probably won't do:
• Write thousands of lines of code.
• Take weird photos of people and post them on Facebook.
• Make a BBQ for 200 people (We have people for that now!).
• Explain to people how to fix a coffee machine (Eeeh… we can’t really promise you won’t do that).
• Carry 300kg wooden desks up the stairs (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be:
• A Project Manager with at least 3+ years of experience managing worksites and contractors.
• That’d be a great start!
• We are a multinational team ergo you need to speak English.
• And no, Google Translate won’t cut it.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office.
• Bonus points if you’ve worked with Revit.
• A Gantt chart power user. Our preferred tool is GanttPRO.
• You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
• You know, the stuff about not being afraid to speak out, being responsible, etc.
• It’s really important for us.
What you don't need to be, but we will appreciate if you are:
• Coffee connoisseur.
• Morning person.
• Good at taking photos.
• Especially of furniture.
• Not afraid of drinking a kilo of rakia.
• We’re joking.
• Don’t ever drink a kilo of rakia.
• Your liver will thank you.
What you should know:
• We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
• You will be a part of a team.
• You are not a lone wolf.
• Each team defines and organizes their work.
• We trust the team to execute it.
• We are all doers.
• We don't micromanage.
• We don't meddle.
• But we discuss.
• And we can help (If you want us to).
• We all make mistakes.
• But we don't deal in excuses.
• And we don't blame.
• We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
• If you fail once it's fine.
• But we will expect you'll learn a lesson.
• And not repeat the same mistake twice.
• Scrum is what keeps us in check.
• And Jira is what keeps us on track.
• We work like that.
• So are you interested?
• You matter.
• You have freedom.
• We have a beautiful office.
• We designed it.
• Also, a roof.
• You get to work on renovating amazing spaces.
• It's challenging.
• But rewarding and good.
• We share.
• We pay based on skills.
• And market dynamics.
• Not negotiation skills.