[HIRED] Become Puzl's Navigator in Budapest
👋 Budapest! We are Puzl CowOrKing, we are building our next coworking space in you, and we need to recruit a bunch of awesome people to help us run it.
Let's face it, Budapest. We are made for each other! You are on the Danube River. That's like our favorite river. You have amazingly sophisticated food. We loooooove eating food. You are a capital in Central and Eastern Europe. We happen to be the Best Coworking in CEE (voted twice. in a row). You have a large and vibrant IT ecosystem. We are building a new home for it.
Told 'ya. Match made in heaven.
Who we are
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of young humans who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across CEE. So far, we've built 3 of them in Sofia, Bulgaria and now it's time to expand abroad. We are starting with a mindblowing one in Budapest. Learn more at https://www.puzl.com/.
About the role
This is where YOU come in. We are looking for a business-savvy, super organised Navigator to take up the local business operations in Budapest and ensure that everything runs as smoothly as clockwork. You will work closely with the local Voice (a.k.a. Communications Guru) to develop our new coworking business in the region. The two of you'll ultimately be dedicated to community growth and happiness with your focus being on business development, operations and finance.
We are community-driven and therefore expect every person on our team to be an active member of our amazing IT-only community by sharing his time, experience and knowledge when needed. This applies even more to you, so locking yourself up in a room and being asocial won’t cut it.
Note: Yes, you will be located full-time in Budapest.
Note 2: Speaking Hungarian is a must. Bonus points if you yourself are Hungarian or are are super well-connected in Budapest.
Who you are
- You act as a business owner in your field.
- Your mission is to remove obstacles and move forward.
- You also don’t care about titles.
- You care about getting things.
- You can evaluate a situation and take decisions on your own.
- You always question the status quo.
- You are a natural team leader who equally cares about people and results.
- You have a strong judgment.
- This means, you can make the right call when the time comes.
- You spot patterns and deliver high-level solutions.
- You are self-motivated, highly organized and able to prioritize.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You are happy to invest your time in helping others.
- You love technology and have some knowledge of the IT world and startup landscape.
- You saw the photos of our coworking and thought "Damn, I should help them build it in Budapest as well".
- You are emotionally mature enough to not let feelings get in the way of business.
- You are not afraid to speak out.
What you'll probably be doing
- Together with our Voice, you will build the core of Puzl’s business and community in Budapest.
- Your first big win will be to actually launch the Puzl CowOrKing in Budapest (Don’t worry, we’ll help out there. We have A LOT of know-how).
- You will setup whatever is required for day-to-day operations, while we renovate the space into a jaw-dropping coworking.
- To do that, you will implement the initial operations processes and will choose the right vendors to supply the coworking (quality/cost ratio is important).
- You will ensure that for the launch everything from signing contracts, through postal handling to good quality coffee will be available for our members, hassle-free.
- Then comes the hard part.
- You will manage the coworking and strive to improve it wherever you can.
- You will do cost-control and quality assurance.
- You will have to assess the daily operations and systems, and find new ways to optimize them.
- You will get to define new processes and test them out. Maybe the work, maybe they don’t.
- You can always iterate to make the coworking run more efficiently.
- Then comes the Business Development.
- Together with our Voice, you will need to ensure that we are 100% booked and that we gather the perfect mix of IT members for our community.
- You will also be responsible for convincing corporate clients of the benefits of our coworking.
- Some members will have custom requests. You will find the most optimal solutions for them and our business.
- You will also need to partner and work with the leading names in the IT industry (You can’t win this game alone).
- Also, at one point you will have to implement accelerator and mentorship programs inside Puzl. Scary and exciting!
- That probably means you will get to be rather well-known in the Budapest IT sector. :P
- Naturally, if all goes well the business will grow. So together with the Voice, you will grow our local team.
- You will recruit, train and develop new people.
- You will have to be strategic - define what people you need, in what roles and with what skills.
- Get to know each person.
- Guide them to be harder, better, faster, stronger.
- Find new ways to optimize the work of the team and handle their salaries and bonuses.
- But you need to ensure that all of that doesn't distract you from your most important responsibility - the Community.
- You need to find ways to support and promote our local community.
- Be super involved in the community. Know them, love them, help them.
- If they grow, we grow. That is key.
- Communicate with the community.
- Collaborate with its members and coach them.
- Make intros so that they can collaborate and help each other grow.
- Be a sought-after mentor the community and learn back from them.
- There's one thing everyone at Puzl does and so will you.
- We are the first line of support for our members. It doesn't matter what's your role.
- If a member comes to you with a problem you do not turn them back. We help. Always.
- So… sound like fun?
What you probably won't do
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Create contracts and issue invoices.
- Fix coffee machines (Actually no. We can't promise you won't do that).
- Carry 300kg custom-made wooden desks around (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be
- A seasoned professional with 5+ years of business management, operations and/or team leading.
- That’d be pretty cool for a start!
- Bonus points if you have experience in the coworking industry.
- Even if you’ve just been a member.
- Be fully capable of understanding the coworking business: operations, renovations, legal requirements, or member/community management.
- So that you can understand how you can bring optimization and improvements.
- We are a multinational coworking ergo you need to speak English.
- Bonus points if you happen to speak any other languages.
- You also need to be all of the stuff that we mentioned at the beginning.
- You know, the stuff about not being a leader, having strong judgment, being emotionally mature, etc. That’s kind of important for us.
Bonus points if you are
- Coffee connoisseur.
- Morning person.
- Good at making a BBQ.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- We provide guidelines, not budgets.
- We give ideas, not orders.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't micromanage.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and remove it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we will expect you'll have learned a lesson.
- And won't repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keeps us on track.
- We work like that.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- You get to work in a unique office in one of the most emblematic buildings in Budapest!
- And you'll help to build it.
- You're part of our amazing network of IT coworkings in CEE.
- You connect with some of the most influential startup leaders in the region.
- You get to work on huge projects with a lot at stake.
- It's incredibly challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/Motivation Letter.