Become Puzl CowOrKing's People & Culture Lead
We are Puzl CowOrKing. We are not legion yet. But plan to be there soon(ish). With those growth plans in mind, Puzl’s team (yes, the team) is looking for its very own People & Culture person.
We are actively expanding our operations in Sofia and Budapest with many more cities to come. The specificities of our work means that we are a cultural melting pot. Both in terms of geographical location but also domains. In Puzl’s team you will find both software and building engineers. Yep - that’s a challenge.
To succeed in Puzl you will need to be a leader that loves doing but not only. You will need to be logical and organized but still not only… You will also need to feel that you belong to our culture.
We grew to 30 humans last year and have plans to open another 10 positions. And with our upcoming coworking space in Budapest and other ambitious plans, that team is gonna keep growing. So yeah, this kind of means we need you to help us make the leap, keep our zesty vibe and rock the world of tomorrow.
Who are you people!?
Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of crazy smart humans who are building IT-only coworking spaces across CEE. So far, we've grown by an average of 50% a year in Sofia and now it's time to expand abroad and accelerate further.
About the role
This is where YOU come in. We are looking for an experienced person who enjoys working with people, knows how to build strong teams and is eager to bring to life (operationalize) our values. We count on you to help us build and improve some of the key Human related processes and practices in Puzl. We are talking Recruiting. Onboarding. Training. Culture. People’s Happiness! That ain't no easy task, but it sure is an exciting one (if you don't think so, mayyyyyyyybeee don't spend more time reading this).
Who you are
- You approach HR with care for the people and logic for the business
- so are a great listener yet are not afraid to be direct and honest,
- and will easily gain people's trust.
- You are self-driven and able to energize others.
- You are super curious, always seeking to learn more and to improve things.
- You are logical.
- You don’t care about titles,
- but care about getting things done
- and are able to lead processes from conceptualization to completion.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You happily invest your time in building relationships with different people.
- You are willing to help out wherever and whenever needed.
- You love communities and have some understanding of their secret cogs.
- You are not afraid to speak up and challenge how we do things.
- You understand people and use good judgment.
- You can make the right call when the time comes.
What you probably will do
- Your mission is to create functional and healthy workplaces.
- You will continue to improve our recruitment processes to ensure that we attract and retain the best humans for our culture.
- You will help us recruit new members for all teams from renovation to operations, software and business.
- You will help new people integrate within their roles and teams, Puzl’s culture and the way we do things around here.
- You will design and carry through activities, rituals and events to support the team cohesion and dynamics.
- You will nurture Puzl’s culture and environment and design the people facing processes around it.
- You will collect feedback and work on improving some of our existing people practices to better serve the different teams.
- You will work with team leads to design, establish or improve feedback and performance management frameworks.
- You will handle and improve the HR administrative processes.
- You will help us design new roles and functions when needed for Puzl’s expansion.
- You will help define our Fair Salary Policy - maybe one day we will make it transparent?
- You will become the go to person for solving people and cultural issues for everyone at Puzl.
- You will establish, structure and bring to life the People and Culture role within all Puzl hubs.
What you probably won't do
- Write thousands of lines of code.
- Create contracts and issue invoices.
- Fix coffee machines (Actually no. We can't promise you won't do that).
- Carry 300kg custom-made wooden desks around (Yeah, now we are just lying. You’ll have to carry. But only sometimes!).
What we need you to be
- HR person with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You bring 5+ years of HR experience in any of its functions;
- You know how to build people processes across the entire employee cycle: from recruitment to onboarding, training, performance and reward.
- And you have the patience and curiosity to understand how to twist these to fit the culture and the business model of Puzl;
- Yes, you should understand the importance of culture and values and how to bring them to life within a scaling organization;
- You are a great communicator, capable of handling critical conversations and to convey our culture and purpose to people within and outside our organization;
- You know how to use technology to streamline HR.
- We are a multinational coworking space, so you need to speak English.
- You also need to be everyone’s go-to person for solving people's issues, which means: emotional maturity, independent judgement and facts, not gossip lover.
Bonus points if you are:
- Skilled in international recruitment.
- Excited about startups and have some knowledge of the IT startup landscape.
- Love communities.
- Know about Employer branding.
What you should know
- We don't have bosses. We have team leaders.
- You will be a part of a team.
- You are not a lone wolf.
- We provide guidelines, not budgets.
- We give ideas, not orders.
- Each team defines and organizes their work.
- We trust the team to execute it.
- We are all doers.
- We don't meddle.
- But we discuss.
- And we can help (If you want us to).
- We all make mistakes.
- But we don't deal in excuses.
- And we don't blame.
- We try to pinpoint the problem and resolve it.
- If you fail once it's fine.
- But we expect you'll have learned a lesson.
- And won't repeat the same mistake twice.
- Scrum is what keeps us in check.
- And Jira is what keeps us on track.
- We work like that.
- You matter.
- You have freedom.
- Work in a unique office with some of the brightest people in Bulgaria.
- You're part of our amazing network of IT hubs in CEE
- You connect with some of the most influential startup leaders in the region.
- It's incredibly challenging.
- But rewarding and fulfilling.
- We share knowledge.
- We pay based on skills.
- And market dynamics.
- Not negotiations.
How to apply?
Drop us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Motivation Letter why you want to join Puzl.