Become Puzl CowOrKing's IT Ops
Become Puzl CowOrKing's IT Ops, in charge of Network Administration!
Wait, what? Who are you people? Ah, right! We should probably explain. In short, we're a group of young professionals who are building IT-only coworking spaces for IT humans across CEE. We also have Barter Community Hub, an amazing rooftop cafe-bar in Sofia. Our coworking is home to 1,000+ IT humans and we are currently expanding to Budapest.
About the role:
This is where YOU come in. We are looking for a responsible IT Ops to handle the tech that runs our spaces. What does this mean? Well… You know how internet is crucial to an office. Even more so when we are talking about an IT community. So you should expect to spend a lot of time on Network Administration; maintaining network devices, troubleshooting and monitoring, all the way to help set up the network of new spaces.
But that’s not all. We’ve got Facility Management software such as HVAC, printing, Access control to take care of. And all to do with team software and hardware too. We’d want you to keep us up to date on the best software out there!
You will be working hands in hands with our Facility Manager and regularly connect with our Operations and Renovation teams. You will be responsible for keeping everything bulletproofed (not literally, we are all peace-lovers here!)
Who you are:
• Your mission and priority are to create order out of chaos.
• You understand the people you work with.
• You know the Cost to Value Ratio and believe that great is often better than perfect.
• You are a Doer. When something needs doing you roll up your sleeves and get it done.
• You strive to improve yourself personally and professionally.
• You are analytical and meticulous in the way you do things.
• You saw photos of our coworking and thought “Damn, I want to be part of that”.
• You are not scared of hardware, broken stuff, internet issues. In fact, they ought to be scared of you.
• You like working from an office even more when flexibility is offered when you need it.
What you’ll probably do:
• You will be a part of our Facilities team that is responsible for maintaining all our premises, equipment and installations.
• This means you will work on projects in Bulgaria but also abroad.
• Design, manage the implementation and scalability of the organization's network infrastructure
• You’ll handle all software of our offices so you should know some about BMS and BAS to oversee the deployment, configuration, and maintenance of servers and systems - hardware/software
• Perform daily routine maintenance tasks to ensure system and network integrity
• Identify and address hardware or software issues proactively as well as support for end-users (both our members and our team),
• Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests in a timely manner
•A small part of your time will also be spent on selecting and maintaining all team hardware and software.
• You’ll hunt for the latest coolest improvements for software and hardware that we could put in our spaces.
• Last but not the least, support the team digitalisation and introduction of AI.
• In brief - You’ll keep everything properly functioning but fear not - you ain’t alone in your mission. You may even decide to grow a team around you following the growth of our operations.
What we need you to be:
• Ideally, you have a Bachelor’s degree or a specialization in some sort of a technical field. That’d be a great start!
• Must have strong knowledge and experience in Network administration.
• Be passionate about Technologies, IoT and AI.
• Experienced with monitoring and capacity management tools.
• Great with organization, time management, and those pesky deadlines.
• English speaking. Of course
• People-oriented with positive life and work attitude.That’s really important for us.
What tech you should know:
• Experience and knowledge in design, implementation, management, troubleshooting and monitoring of LAN and WiFi infrastructures
• Knowledge in configuring and managing routers, switches, servers, Firewalls, APs, VLANs, VPNs, clouds etc.
• Experience and knowledge with the Ubiquiti hardware and software
• Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.)
• Experience with network monitoring, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Grafana, PFSense, Prometeus. Unifi controller etc.)
• Skills in managing and maintaining the hardware and software side of servers (Network servers, Access control and printing servers etc.)
• Project management skills for planning and executing new location setups
• Proficiency in resolving hardware and software-related problems with the network and the daily work of our team and members with ability to analyze log files and identify root causes of issues
• Familiarity with backup and virtual software and tools (e.g., Veeam, Backup Exec, KVM virtualization)
• As well as collaboration, service and managing tools and platforms (Microsoft Teams, Slack, mail services, Google, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Kayako etc.)
• You matter.
• You have freedom.
• The work is challenging.
• With projects abroad.
• But rewarding and fulfilling.
• We share knowledge.
• We pay based on skills.
• And market dynamics.
• Not negotiations.
• And have a great benefits package.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org